Saturday, June 11, 2011

simple yoghurt baked pudding

It seems like the days are running away from me. Having less and less time of play and fun, more and more time for working. Like most people who are pressed for time, I'm multi-tasking. I'm watching an episode of Gossip Girl while blogging.


Today's recipe is for a really quick and simple yoghurt baked pudding. I stumbled upon this while browsing rakuten.co.jp for the really cute talking lion toy from an episode in the TV series The Good Wife. And it was quite serendipitous because I have this tub of vanilla yoghurt that I haven't been able to finish.


I love Mundella yoghurt, my favourite is the Greek Honey yoghurt, because it's not sour at all (I don't like sour food) and it's really thick, the consistency of really heavy whipped cream, yummy! The same doesn't apply with the Greek Vanilla though, it was still thick, but totally too sour for me. This baked pudding is my attempt to finish the yoghurt. Very easy, though still too sour for me, if you like sour yoghurt then this is perfect for you, or just substitute with any yoghurt flavour of your choice.

FYI if you're wondering, I don't know any Japanese, translate.google.com is a beautiful thing. Plus the Japanese are known for giving great instructions. The rest, I just figure it out myself. Recipe.rakuten.co.jp is my current favourite go-to website for quick recipes.


Simple yoghurt baked pudding
Adapted from a recipe found in recipe.rakuten.co.jp


Ingredients:
  • 400g yoghurt (vanilla or natural would be best)
  • 100g self raising flour
  • 50-80g sugar (add more or less to your taste)
  • 2 eggs
  • little bit of butter to butter the ramekins

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
  2. Mix all ingredients together and pour into buttered ramekins
  3. Bake for at least 50 minutes, then keep checking and take out when the top is brown and crispy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails